Friday 4 December 2015

# 44
   .  .  .   and beyond

Orentano, Tuscany


The maps function of my phone was steering us in the right direction.  The land started to slope more and hills were visible in the distance.








There were ancient castles and vineyards, modern villas and farms, If you think of all the gorgeous scenery of Tuscany that they show in the movies, it's just about right. Tuscany is lovely.  I think if we were ever to move to Italy, I would vote for this region.





Marianna and Salvatore and their daughter, Nadia, lived in a lovely home in Orentano, a small village west of Pisa.  The town had both old world charm and modern amenities. Salvatore had a small shop and made shoes.  He custom made me a pair of black dress sandles, and gave me two other pairs of sandles from the inventory that was boxed and ready to be shipped.  How lucky am I ! ! !  What a great gift.  Grazia Sal.

No comments:

Post a Comment